WATER EDUCATION & OUTREACH
CAA works to support, educate and promote the goals of the Yampa-White-Green Basin Round Table
and Colorado Water Conservation Board:
1. Raise public awareness of the YWG Basin Implementation Plan and the Colorado’s Water Plan
2. Raise public awareness of YWG Roundtable activities
3. Plan, implement and facilitate a series of Water Education Forums/Workshops/Tours in Craig, Meeker, Rangely and Steamboat
4. Increase collaborations and partnerships with other YWG basin organizations that wish to:
- Promote water education
- Encourage locally driven collaborative solutions
- Encourage community participation in solution based discussions, issues and solutions
- Provide professional, informative and educational activities in the region
- Provide information on regional water projects, studies and related issues
- Engage with area water interest groups to encourage constructive discussions and actions regarding water issues and projects in Northwest Colorado
About the program…
Since 2014, CAA has provided contractual support for Yampa White Green (YWG) Basin Roundtable and Colorado Water Conservation Board to provide water education forums, workshops and outreach in Routt, Moffat, and Rio Blanco counties to increase the awareness of local, regional, state, and federal water issues. More than 4,000 people have attended meetings and events in NW Colorado. CAA provides coordination and support for regional water education and outreach with partnerships, support for local agriculture and the ability to bring diverse audiences together to work on common water related issues. CAA also provided support and coordination to share information about Division of Water Resources meetings related to the Over Appropriation Designation and Measurement Rule Making.
CAA is providing in-kind support and leadership for the Yampa Integrated Water Management Plan (IWMP) and working to connect agriculture with multi-purpose water planning projects. Current work is focused on identifying multi-benefit projects in the Yampa River basin. In April 2021, CAA was awarded a CO Water Plan grant as a pilot project, to hire an Ag Water Coordinator who is responsible for implementing multi- beneficial water projects in support of local ag producers.