Rooting for GrowthCapital Campaign
Growth, Challenges, and Opportunities
The CAA Market program has provided leadership, support and direct to consumer sales of local food since 2014. The interest and demand for local food has grown and the current retail location is at capacity. With the goal of “sell more local food to local people”, the CAA Board and staff have a vision for an expanded CAA Market that meets growing customer and producer needs.
A Solution to Support the Future
CAA works closely with local farmers and ranchers to understand opportunities in the local food system. We have listened to stakeholders and are ready to expand our programs to support a resilient, sustainable local food system.
- Additional commercial storage for both frozen meats and cooler for fresh products to allow for reduced deliveries and out of stock items.
- Increased retail space for growing sales, new products, and additional product inventory
- Information and education on product qualities and attributes to “tell the story of local food and agriculture”
“The CAA Market has helped my family business grow and stay rooted in the community we love. As a part of CAA, we are excited for the future of local food in the Yampa Valley.”
Hayden Fresh Farm
- CAA partners with over 60 local producers and will continue to welcome more producers and products
- Producers receive 100% of the retail price of their products, unlike other grocery stores or wholesale pricing, producers revenue is maximized
- Over $1.7 million in sales for local producers since the CAA Market began in 2014
- Purchase of property located at 35 11th Street, downtown Steamboat Springs, completed August 2023
- Retail space for CAA Market will more than double current size
- Expanded freezer/cooler storage and ease of delivery via alley access
- Space for CAA staff offices and flexible meeting room
- Ag Education Display for community engagement