CAA works to support, educate and promote the goals of the Yampa-White-Green Basin Round Table and Colorado Water Conservation Board:
1. Raise public awareness of the YWG Basin Implementation Plan and the Colorado’s Water Plan
2. Raise public awareness of YWG Roundtable activities
3. Plan, implement and facilitate a series of Water Education Forums/Workshops/Tours in Craig, Meeker, Rangely and Steamboat
4. Increase collaborations and partnerships with other YWG basin organizations that wish to:
- Promote water education
- Encourage locally driven collaborative solutions
- Encourage community participation in solution based discussions, issues and solutions
- Provide professional, informative and educational activities in the region
- Provide information on regional water projects, studies and related issues
- Engage with area water interest groups to encourage constructive discussions and actions regarding water issues and projects in Northwest Colorado
LOCAL FOOD & PRODUCTS
NORTHWEST COLORADO FOOD COALITION
Partnering organizations include:
- CSU Routt County Extension
- LiveWell Colorado
- Yampa Valley Sustainability Council
- Rout County Department of Human Services
- School Wellness Teams
- Rocky Mountain Youth Corp
- Colorado Mountain College
- Routt County Environmental Health Dept
- Visting Nurse Association
Some highlights of the Coalition work include a regional Food Assessment report and Community Food Dialogue.
LOCAL FOOD TASKFORCE
LiveWell Colorado and NW Food Coalition Routt County Food Assessments:
ADDITIONAL LOCAL FOOD RESOURCES
- Cottage Food Brochure
- Cottage Food Act – ServSafe® Certification Information
- Colorado Farm to Market is an informative and helpful site. This is a cooperative effort between CSU Extension, CO Dept of Agriculture and the Farmers Market Association. You can find out more about the Cottage Food Bill and bringing products to market.
- Colorado Farm to Table is another site with great information.
- Routt County Environmental Health
- Routt County Roots, a local video series highlighting local agriculture and food in Routt County. Created and produced by CMC student, Ben Saheb.
YAMPAVORE CAA MARKET
Be a Yampavore and shop for local food and products on our online market!
You can find everything from farm fresh eggs, to locally raised beef, pork and lamb meat. Seasonal vegetables, fresh baked bread and local honey.
Make a difference by supporting local farmers and ranchers and join the Yampavore movement!
LAND STEWARDSHIP CLASS
FALL 2019 COURSE DATES SEPTEMBER 10 – OCTOBER 15
CLASS MEETS TUESDAY EVENINGS, 5:15 – 7:30 PM
A partnership between Community Agriculture Alliance and CSU Routt County Extension, this highly educational short course is for anyone interested in learning more about local agriculture and land stewardship.
Typically held every other year, this unique, short course focuses on land, water and natural resource stewardship. Course information focuses on issues effecting NW Colorado and features regional experts as topic speakers. Includes a mix of class room lecture and discussion and on-site tours/visits. The class is open to anyone in the community and offers professional continuing education credits for real estate professionals.
Course curriculum is based on the Living on the Land-Stewardship for Small Acreage courses produced by University of Nevada Cooperative Extension with collaborative efforts and input from our western states Cooperative Extension services. Land Stewardship 202 was developed and implemented for Routt County by the CAA and CSU Routt County Extension.
This course is approved for up to 12 Continuing Education Credits available for Real Estate professionals.
Integrating Your Stewardship
Livestock and Wildlife Stewardship
Grazing and Habitat Stewardship
Comments from participants:
“Overall a great opportunity for us to learn.”
“I learned so much that will help me be a better land owner and neighbor. Thank you.”
“Great class. Topics and speakers were excellent.”
NEW — Routt County Fair Tour Thursday, August 15th 3:30-6:30pm
Never been to the wonderful Routt County Fair? Join us for a behind the scene guided tour of the 105th Routt County Fair. The tour includes van with tour guides leaving from Steamboat Community Center, once at the Fairgrounds 4-H and FFA youth will lead the tour sharing stories of raising animals and Fair projects. A tour of the Exhibit Hall will include vegetable growing in Routt County, home arts and crafts, and all things County Fair! Don’t miss this fun, family-friendly tour.
Ranch Tours are a unique Routt County experience and bring first hand experiences and education about local working farms and ranches. Typically tours begin in Steamboat Springs with a short bus/van ride to visit 2-3 local farms and ranches. Local tour guides will be on bus to talk about agriculture, history and heritage and local food. Walking tour of ranch operations including irrigation, hay meadows, barns, horses and cattle grazing, other livestock, equipment and lifestyle. Wear comfortable walking shoes, bring water, sunscreen and bug spray. Dress for weather as we will be outside! No pets or strollers. Air conditioned coach will depart from and return to downtown Steamboat Springs. to schedule a tour for your group,contact Community Ag Alliance at 970-879-4370. Offered in partnership with CSU Routt County Extension.