Western, English, Hunter and Jumper Horse Show
Saturday, June 26, 2021
Routt County Fairgrounds, Hayden
Join us for a family friendly event and fund raiser for CAA programs.
Thank you to all the riders, volunteers, family members and sponsors who made the 2021 event a success.
2021 Cayuse Sponsors
Elk River Pet & Ranch
Sidney Peak Ranch Properties
Aim High Equestrian Team
Oak Street Plaza
Hilairy & Michael Guerriero
CAA continues to work to create connections in our community. Building understanding and meaningful connections between cyclists and agriculture is an important goal. CAA remains focused on increasing appreciation for diverse groups and building a strong sense of community. CAA is proud to have a long standing relationship with Moots Cycles and new in 2019 the Steamboat Gravel bike race. During both of these events, CAA works to provide communication with land owners along the bike routes and provide education about the critical importance of agriculture with the recreation community.
The Moots-Colorado Ranch Rally will not be held in 2021 due to continuing COVID precautions. Look for this fun event in 2022!
SBT GRVL is Coming
Sunday, August 15, 2021
Steamboat Gravel (SBT GRVL) is a world-class gravel race experience held in and around the magnificent Steamboat Springs. The unique combination of the quiet roads surrounding a thriving resort town create a setting for an incredible gravel bike race. With the fundamental goal of inclusiveness, we want to focus not only on the race, but a fantastic weekend away with family and friends. The beauty of the mountains (not to mention the camaraderie with fellow cyclists) as well as the basic challenge of covering these gravel roads on two wheels is something that will not soon be forgotten.
CAA is proud to be one of the three local nonprofit organizations chosen to receive a portion of the race proceeds. Funds are used to help support programs in the Yampa Valley that directly impact local agriculture.
The 2021 race is sold out, but watch for Ranch Tours, Farm to Table dinner and an opportunity to connect with local ag during race weekend.
FARM TO TABLE
NEW Farm to Table Options!
Due to COVID concerns, in-person, group fund raising events were cancelled. But you can still support local food by hosting your own Private Farm to Table Dinner in your home! It’s easy:
- Contact CAA to coordinate a date and chef availability. CAA will confirm which amazing local professional chef is available and help schedule your dinner.
- Invite your friends and family, Max of 10 guests total.
- Make your donation to CAA in support of local food. $250/person, $1,000 minimum donation.
- Coordinate your local food preferences and what is seasonally available.
- Enjoy an intimate, gourmet farm to table dinner at your home!
- Call Michele Meyer at 970-879-4370 to book your dinner today!
Yampavore Farm to Table Dinner
2021 Event TBD
Harwigs Restaurant, downtown Steamboat Springs
Don’t miss the most amazing farm to table event of the year! Dinner features an elevated, gourmet multi course local food dinner prepared by Harwigs chef JJ, paired with Colorado wine, beer and spirits. 100% of the ingredients are raised and grown right here in the Yampa Valley (donated by CAA Market producers) Proceeds benefit CAA local food programs.
Moon Hill Dairy
Farm to Table Dinner
Saturday, August 28
Tickets Coming Soon!
Join us for a true Farm to Table dinner at Moon Hill Dairy featuring locally grown produce, meat and featuring Moon Hill Dairy’s cheese. Proceeds benefit CAA local food programs.
AG APPRECIATION WEEK
Ag Appreciation Week
March 21 – 28, 2021
Ag Appreciation Week (including National Ag Day) is a time to recognize and celebrate the importance of agriculture. Agriculture provides most everything we eat, use and wear on a daily basis. National and local efforts educate millions of consumers and ask “Where would YOU be without agriculture? Naked and Hungry!” Since 2013 Ag Week has become CAA’s largest fund raising effort. Area businesses, individuals and organizations sponsor our efforts with annual membership contributions and sponsorships. Please consider joining us and support local ag!
Ag Week started locally with a desire to acknowledge National Ag Day, but has since turned into a week long celebration of all things agriculture in the Yampa Valley! It is also CAA’s largest fund raising effort with more than 100 area businesses aligning themselves with local agriculture and CAA’s mission to promote and support ag. In 2020 over $30,000 was raised in support of CAA.
We can’t do it alone, so please consider adding your business or personal support today!
FOUR WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
ATTEND AN AG WEEK EVENT
CAA 2021 Ag Appreciation Week Activities & Events:
- Mountain Tap Token Tuesday – month of March
- March 22, 12-3pm: Virtual Panel Discussion on Agriculture in the Yampa Valley with CMC Sustainability Class
- March 24, 6:30-7:30pm: Archived Heritage Ag Storytelling from 2015, Virtual Event in partnership with Tread of Pioneers Museum
- March 26, 12-1pm: A Taste of History, Virtual “Wild Berries and How to Use Them” with Tread of Pioneers Museum
Shop online at caamarket.org with over 65 producers with hundreds of local products!
Ag Week Specials, CAA Market Items on Sale all month long:
- “Biscuits & Bacon Jam” Local Food Bundle & Virtual Cooking Class
- CCALT “Forever Colorado” Gloves & Mittens
- “Naked & Hungry. Where would you be without agriculture?” sticker
- CCALT “Forever Colorado” Insulated Tumbler available to NEW or renewing CAA members during Ag Week
- First 100 customers get a FREE BEER coupon from our generous friends at Storm Peak Brewery
EAT LOCAL OUT
Order Ag Week Specials March 21-28, 2021 at the following restaurants and you will receive a coupon for the CAA Market – $5 Off your order of $10 or more!
Big House Burgers
Cruisers Sub Shop
Glen Eden Restaurant
Mountain Tap Brewery
Rex’s American Grill & Bar
Salt & Lime
Wild Goose Coffee, Hayden
Mountain Tap Brewery supports CAA Ag Week with Token Tuesdays in March. Buy any beer at Mountain Tap, get a token and be sure to drop in the CAA box. Mountain Tap then donates back to CAA for every token!